This is an independent assessment that determines eligibility for a range of entry-level Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) services for older people who need assistance to keep living independently at home and in their community.
The assessment is undertaken by a trained assessor in the person’s home.
Carers and family members are also included as part of the assessment.
There is no cost for a RAS assessment.
The service is available to people who are over the age of 65 years.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are eligible for a RAS assessment from 50 years of age.
RAS regions & Local Government Area covered:
Clients are assessed in their own homes, an appointment will be made for the home visit to take place.
Make a referral
All referrals for RAS assessments can be made via My Aged Care.
- Phone 1800 200 422 (Monday – Friday 8am to 8pm and Saturday 10am to 2pm)
- National Relay Service – Select your preferred access option and ask for 1800 200 422*
- Translating and Interpreting Service – Call 131 450 tell the operator the language you speak and ask them to call 1800 200 422*
- Online referral Apply for an assessment
- Phone 03 5723 2007
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org