Family violence is ultimately about inequalities of power between women and men and the exercise of this power in order to control or dominate.
It can take many forms, including:
- physical or sexual abuse
- emotional or psychological abuse
- economic or financial abuse
- cultural or spiritual abuse
- threatening speech and behaviour
- other behaviours that control or dominate, causing fear for safety and wellbeing
- causing a child to witness any of the above behaviours.
Our specialist team works with victim-survivors to help them access the services they need for recovery and to support their long-term therapeutic journey.
Recovery Case Management
This service may suit you if you are seeking:
- emotional support and material aid for short-term challenges after a period of crisis
- help to access secure housing, financial aid, mental health, treatment for alcohol and other drugs and gambling addiction, as well as other services
- support with court proceedings and other legal matters
- assistance and referrals for concerns with parenting or child development
- advice, information, and advocacy to support your recovery.
This service may suit you if you are:
- safe from heightened, serious, and immediate danger or risk of family violence
- seeking emotional support over a longer-term period
- interested in empowering yourself with knowledge and skills for safe, healthy relationships
- prepared to participate in regular and intensive individual or group-based therapy.
These services are provided at no cost to residents from Wodonga, with outreach to Corryong, Tallangatta, Tangambalanga, Kiewa, and Mount Beauty.
This service is available at Gateway Health Wodonga.
Please contact us for more information.