Physiotherapists are trained to assess your condition, diagnose the problem, and help you understand what’s wrong.
You may benefit from seeing a physiotherapist if you experience:
- difficulty moving around the home and community (perhaps using furniture to support or to assist walking)
- difficulty getting in and out of a chair, bed or car
- a change in walking patterns, e.g. shuffling or unsteadiness
- muscle or joint discomfort that limits daily activities
- long periods of time spent in one position, e.g. a bed or chair
- trip hazards around the home, e.g. rugs, cords, pets and general clutter
- falls or a fear of falling
- noticeable loss of strength and endurance.
Your treatment plan will take into account your lifestyle, activities, and general health.
Our physiotherapists can help you:
- maintain strong muscles and bones so you can be as active and independent as possible
- improve your walking and balance around the home and in the community
- find ways to prevent falls and improve your confidence
- find appropriate movement and walking aids so you can maintain independence in the community
- improve your sitting and standing posture so you can move better and be more independent
- with pain recovery approaches
- develop exercise programs for home or the local gym/pool to maximise your energy and strength
- best manage your chronic disease and set some physical activity goals
- access community activity groups that interest you.
Our physiotherapy service is available to anyone who wants to improve their movement, posture, flexibility, strength or balance, and their independence.
Most services are free or low-cost depending on eligibility. If fees apply we will discuss this with you.
There is a $10 out-of-pocket cost for all clients attending clinic-based appointments.
If you have a Medicare Card you have to pay the full cost upfront and Medicare will then refund the full amount less the $10 out-of-pocket cost.
Individual clinics are held at our Wangaratta, Wodonga, and Myrtleford sites.
Home visits are available.
Group activities are run at Wangaratta and Myrtleford.
Visitors to Myrtleford office by appointment only.
Contact us for more information.