Our APDs can help you to improve and maintain your health and wellbeing through healthy lifestyle and diet changes.
We recognise that everybody is unique and has different needs and aspirations when it comes to eating.
We can work with you to help you understand the latest nutrition advice and build skills to make the best choices for your circumstances.
We can help with:
- building confidence in the kitchen to prepare and cook meals
- food budgeting and meal planning
- navigating a supermarket and reading food labels
- increasing awareness of the food your body needs for good health
- dietary choices to help manage conditions such as diabetes, bowel problems, and recovering from illness or surgery.
- Nutrition – Accredited Practising Dietitian flyer
- Dietitians Australia Smart Eating for You – Nutrition information, tips and recipes to help you eat well.
- Nutrition Australia – Recipes, fact sheets, and available programs delivering healthy outcomes for all Australians.
Our APDs are able to see people individually and in groups at our Wangaratta and Myrtleford offices.
We sometimes work with people in their own homes and at community venues such as supermarkets and cafes.
We provide outreach services to Benalla Rural City, Mansfield Shire, Alpine Shire, and the Rural City of Wangaratta.
Most services are free or low-cost depending on eligibility. If fees apply we will discuss this with you.
There is a $10 out-of-pocket cost for all clients attending clinic-based appointments.
If you have a Medicare Card you have to pay the full cost upfront and Medicare will then refund the full amount less the $10 out-of-pocket cost.
Offices open from 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday, except for public holidays.
Visitors to Myrtleford office by appointment only.