We collect some information about you so that we can care for you in the best possible way.
We usually collect the following kinds of information:
- Name and contact details
- Nationality and language spoken at home
- Carer details, next of kin or preferred contact person
- Health information, including previous diagnoses, past and present treatments, medications, family medical history
- Medicare number, Health Care Card number and pension number (if applicable)
We store your personal information safely and securely. Only the people who are involved in your care and treatment can access your personal information.
Gateway Health may use your information for planning, quality improvement, research, and reporting to government agencies. This will not include any sensitive or personal information.
Sharing your information
We will ask for your written/verbal consent if we need to share your information with other service providers or in order for us to refer you to another agency or service.
You have the right to ask us not to share your information with others and to have your personal information kept private.
There are circumstances when Gateway Health is required by law to share information, for example:
- Cases of legal action under court order
- Reporting of notifiable diseases
- Investigations of child abuse or neglect
- Family violence
- Situations where a client is at risk of hurting themselves or another person, or whose current condition reduces their ability to make decisions
Access your record
If you would like to access your client record please contact the Client Records Officer, 155 High Street Wodonga, Vic 3690 – Phone (02) 6022 8888. Please note, there may be a fee to access your record.
If you have a complaint about privacy at Gateway Health please complete our Feedback form. We will look into the issue and keep you informed of the progress of the investigation.
If your issue is not resolved you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner on 1300 363 992.
Go to the OAIC – Australian Privacy Principles for more information.